Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finding RSS Feeds (Thing #12)

One thing I've noticed about searching for feeds is the garbage to noise ratio is extremely high.

In the past, I've subscribed to many feeds (too many feeds), and found that I not only did not have time to read them all, I really didn't care to read most of them.

Generally, the feeds I subscribe to today are not from the result of a search, but generally discovered another way - for example, I had been a long-time visitor to meyerweb.com, home site for Eric Meyer, CSS guru. So when I discovered he had a regular feed, I subscribed.

Beyond subscriptions, there is one site I visit frequently, even if I do not subscribe to their blogs - http://blogs.sun.com/. The use of a "tag cloud" gives a nice quick glance at what are the more hot topics at Sun.

No comments: