Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Nice Way to Spend a Saturday Afternoon

After a busy week of rescheduling training sessions - and altering my home schedule in the process - I got to spend a lazy Saturday morning with my wife (with just a little bit of housework).

We were just thinking about lunch when I saw I had a call from my sister ... also looking for lunch, and suggested we visit our favorite restaurant - the Mediterranean Cruise Cafe. How could we say "no"?

So we all met at the Cruise, Kitty & I, Clint, Lisa and baby Benjamin. It was surprisingly quiet, so we got lots of attention from our host Sammy. We ended up all getting their Luncheon Feast - which involves filling the table with so many plates of food it's all but overwhelming. We then spent the rest of the afternoon talking and eating. We found Benjamin likes pitas & hummus, as well as the lentil soup. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon with family (including "cousin" Sammy!).

No women with swords this time, though ...

No comments: