Monday, March 03, 2008

On Google Earth (Thing #14)

This week, we're also looking at Google Earth, and app I've played with from time-to-time (mostly depending on how well their current software works with linux). It's a pretty cool app, and is great eye candy.

The question I always struggle with when it comes to some of these tools is just how much of myself do I want to make available online? It's cool to zoom to my house, and I've navigated my way to work, to friends, and to vacation spots using Google Earth, but I don't know if I want to make any of that information available to the general public. For example, I'd

I did decide that despite my privacy concerns, I could share photos and the location of one of my favorite fishing trips. If you scroll towards the bottom left of the album, there is a link to view the photos using either Google Maps or Google Earth (or you can use this direct link).

No comments: